Summary Job Description
Title: Junior League of Springfield Executive Assistant
Immediate Supervisor: President
High school degree required.
Business or accounting degree preferred, or other related field of study.
3-5 years professional work experience required in financial management, accrual
accounting, office management, and administrative duties.
Computer proficiency – QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
Demonstrate office skills (correspondence, bookkeeping and payroll)
Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational abilities
Part-time, 20-25 hours
Monday – Friday, daily office hours to be determined upon hiring.
Pay range: $19.50 – $23.00 per hour.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (includes tasks such as):
1. Manage and oversee daily office operations; including, but not limited to greeting visitors;
manage incoming mail, phone calls and e-mail communications.
2. Attend community relations events on behalf of Junior League of Springfield, at the request of the
3. Act as an administrative liaison between The Junior League of Springfield and Association of
Junior Leagues International (AJLI) to manage intake and documentation of membership dues.
4. Act as subject matter expert on all Junior League software systems and operational processes.
5. Manage membership dues payments and work with internal contacts to maintain member status
information, including updating volunteer records and information.
6. Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and Committee Chairs as requested;
including, but not limited to:
a. Meeting set-up and breakdown.
b. Preparation of outgoing mail.
c. Assistance with special events and fundraisers, including ticket sales as requested.
7. Coordinate building security for the Board of Directors and Committee Chairs (keys and codes).
8. Maintain daily accounts receivables and accounts payable, including drafting all checks, making
all bank deposits and transfers to investment funds, and appropriately attributing items in
9. Assist with preparing monthly bank account reconciliations.
10. Assist in preparing financial information for the contracted CPA firm to complete annual federal
income tax filings and annual compilation of financial statements.
11. Submit Corporate Registration Renewal to Missouri Secretary of State’s Office annually; to be
completed prior to end of each fiscal year, but no later than August 31st.
12. Issue acknowledgement letters for all donations received at Junior League of Springfield.
13. Attend budget finalization meeting(s).
14. Manage and assist with annual leadership transition including updating Board of Directors
information, bank account signatories, collection/issuance of credit cards, and online account
15. Attend monthly Board meetings.
16. Attend community tour of Junior League-sponsored organizations upon hiring (hosted by Junior
17. Other duties as assigned.
If interested, please send resume to HumanResources@JLSpringfield.org