The Building Better Communities Scholarship will be awarded in the Fall of the 2018-19 academic year. The Scholarship was established to assist non-traditional female students to pursue their education in programs eligible to receive a professional certification or license upon graduation.
As an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism and improving the community through effective action and leadership, the Junior League of Springfield is seeking applicants who strive to improve their education and make a difference in the community. Applicants must exhibit strong leadership skills and overall support of the Junior League mission.
The Scholarship Committee will be focusing on the following criteria when making its decision:
- Background, Interests and Career Goals
- Extracurricular Activities and Employment
- School/ Community Activities and Scholastic Achievement
- Financial need
In the 2018-19 Academic year, the Junior League of Springfield anticipates awarding $500 scholarships to women in our community in order to assist the recipients with the expense of their education. Funds will be paid directly to the designated institution and are to be used only for tuition, books or lab fees.
Eligibility Requirements (included but not limited to)
- Female non-traditional student – defined as 22 years of age and above.
- Enrolled and or accepted for the 2017-18 academic year in a program that the student is eligible to receive a professional certification or license upon graduation.
- Submit proof of enrollment or acceptance letter at accredited institution.
- Resident of Springfield or one of its surrounding communities.
- US citizen, US national or US permanent resident.
- Immediate family members of the Junior League of Springfield which includes New Members, Active and Sustainers as well as League Employees are not eligible to receive a League scholarship.
- Financial Need.
For more requirements and general scholarship information, please download the forms below. If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission of applications is Nov. 5, 2018
Applicants will be notified whether or not they are chosen by Nov. 26, 2018
The scholarship recipients will be honored at the JLS Meeting on December 4, 2018.
Click here to view the application: Building Better Communities Scholarship ’18-’19