The protection of our members and our community are our top priority. This begins with ensuring the safety and welfare of our League members to enable us to better lead, train and fulfill our mission.
Protection & Prevention
- The Junior League of Springfield, Missouri (“JLS”) leadership will make every effort to follow the City of Springfield (“City”) regulations and recommendations related to COVID-19. JLS will monitor the most up-to-date information released by the City and will periodically adjust our policies accordingly.
- Members are encouraged to adhere to CDC recommendations related to virus transmission to keep themselves and others safe.
- All surfaces in the JLS meeting rooms and bathroom surfaces must be cleaned and disinfected before and after all meetings and events. Sanitizing products can be found under the kitchen sink in the JLS office and must be returned to this location after each use.
- Hand sanitizer is recommended at all meetings and events on and off-site.
Communication & Signage
- Updated information regarding JLS COVID-19 guidelines and expectations will be communicated to members via The Link, the JLS Member Facebook page and other standard JLS communication methods.
- Internal signage will be posted at the JLS building to alert/remind members about guidelines, expectations, and responsibilities.
- External signage will be on doors alerting visitors to restrictions on entry and movement in and around the facility as well as any applicable guidelines and expectations.
In-Person Event Recommendations
- It is the goal of JLS to (1) be sensitive to the fact that our members have different comfort levels with regard to virus safety, and (2) make sure to respect those feelings & accommodate where we can.
- JLS Leadership wants to be open and flexible regarding offering remote meeting options to protect all members. Members are encouraged to, at all times possible, offer alternate means of communication in addition to face-to-face meetings. If in-person meetings and/or events can be held outside, this is preferable. Feel free to utilize the League Zoom account for virtual meetings. Please contact Board Secretary, Michelle Vespa, to schedule; or you may create your own free account that will allow up to a 45-minute meeting.
Monitoring Member Health: If you feel ill and possess any of the COVID-19 symptoms – fever greater than 100.4, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing – or have visited a COVID-19 hot spot within the last 14 days, please stay home.
Thank you, for your understanding and patience during this time as we continue to discover how best to provide care and compassion to our members and community.