Now Accepting Applications for the Mary Riley Wolfe Scholarship
The Junior League of Springfield, MO is currently accepting applicants for scholarship:
The Junior League of Springfield Scholarship in Memory of Mary Riley Wolfe
The Mary Riley Wolfe Memorial Scholarship has been awarded every year since 1995. It was established as a tribute to Mary Wolfe, a Junior League of Springfield past president, who lost her battle with cancer. Mary was a teacher and dedicated volunteer, who not only brought her southern charm and grace to the Junior League of Springfield, but to our community. She was a kind and gentle woman who led by example. In an effort to honor Mary, the JLS scholarship program was established and named in her memory.
As an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism and improving the community through effective action and leadership, the Junior League of Springfield is seeking applicants who are well-rounded individuals involved in their school and the community. Applicants must exhibit leadership qualities and a strong volunteer history.
The Scholarship Committee will be focusing on the following criteria when making its decision
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Impact
- Essay – 500 word maximum
- Extracurricular Activities and Employment
- Scholastic Achievement and Honors including leadership roles
In the 2019-2020 academic year, the Junior League of Springfield anticipates awarding two $2,000 scholarships to young women in our community in order to assist with the expenses of their college education. Funds will be paid directly to the designated institution and are to be used only for tuition, books or lab fees.
Eligibility Requirements (included but not limited to):
- A female resident of Springfield or one of its surrounding communities.
- Attending secondary school full-time.
- Anticipating high school graduation in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- A U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Maintaining a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 point scale.
- Immediate family members of the Junior League of Springfield which includes Provisionals, Active and Sustainers as well as League employees are not eligible to receive a League Scholarship.
For more requirements and general scholarship information, please download the forms below. If you have further questions, please contact Sheila Lundberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The deadline for submission of applications is Monday, March 23, 2020.
Applicants will be notified if they are chosen by Friday, April 17, 2020.
The scholarship recipients will be honored at the JLS Annual Meeting on May 5, 2020.
2019-2020 JLS Mary Riley Wolf Scholarship Application Information